- The Trustees would like to thank all the many individuals who gave so generously to set up the Trust at the time of Grant’s death in October 2011. The opening balance was £3056.
- Further donations brought the balance at December 2012 to £4036.
- Funds grew during 2013 mainly due to events such as the Dance for Grant and the Grant Rule Memorial Concert.
- Graeme Knights organised a collection at the final singaround of the 2014 Folk Ale which raised a further £109.28
- The Dance for Grant and Memorial Concert were held again in 2014, further contributing to funds.
- The Trust made a grant to James Kerry to attend the 2014 Folkworks Youth Summer School. James is donating 10% of sales of his CDs to the Trust, and is also contributing his musicianship.